Loading...

Thursday, December 25, 2008

No smooth rides!

I was driving tonight, on one of Chennai's 'prime' areas near my home. Having just overtaken a Premier Padmini which had been ambling ahead and frustrating me, I finally got a clear strip of road ahead, and started to speed considerably. Out of nowhere, at a lazy right turn, came a huge bump! By the time I could acknowledge it's existence and slow down, it was too late. The car bumped on top of it... fortunately no one and nothing was hurt. Ever since, I didn't dare exceed second gear till I dropped granny back at home.

This road is on the route of quite a few buses and one of the main roads in my area. If this city road is not smooth, one can wonder how pathetic other city and suburban roads would be. Can we expect decent roads from our babus at all?

No comments: