Loading...

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Headache's gone for good!!!

My blog's literally been sleeping for quite a few months, thanks to lack of topics in the author's mind :). But finally it has risen from its slumber, and hopefully'll now be more active.

I've been having headaches for quite a few years now, and thankfully I hope I've gotten rid of it finally, thanks to a doctor at the place where I work. I used to get these numbing, disabling headaches for years, when I didn't have a proper breakfast with coffee. It used to start at one or both sides of the forehead, and spread to the eyelids. Once I got one of those, I wouldn't be able to do any sort of activity, and all that I would earn for was a sound sleep. Once I had a tablet (I was so faithful to Dolopar... :) I never thought of any other :) ) and slept, it would vanish. I'd visited quite a few number of doctors since childhood regarding this problem, but none of them gave lasting solutions nor reasons for their occurence.

Finally I visited this doctor at my workplace, to collect my medical report. Strangely he said everything was normal (ppl looking at me would wonder if I am from a famine-stricken place :) ). I even specifically asked him whether I was underweight. He reassured me saying that the numbers really didn't matter and that what I felt was an indication of my physical state.
Pheww.. I was relieved!!

When he had handed over the report, I decided to ask him about it. Gingerly, I mentioned the headache. He then explained that the brain needed a fixed level of sugar in the blood and that my levels were falling down once in a while. He added that it was pretty common with others as well, and advised me to take sweets/hot milk with sugar to get rid of it. I'm following his advice scrupulously, having hot chocolate with excess sugar twice a day :), just to keep the devil at bay. And I've succeeded!!

2 comments:

Deus Ex Machina said...

Cool...this problem was with me too...but had got rid of this 2-3 yrs back...congr8s or ur success on being able to get rid of it.

Anonymous said...

Low sugar fellow.. :)